Monday, October 21, 2013

Gah, as Mr Goon would say


I've been editing a book of stories about successful entrepreneurs and the wonderful, meaningful work they're doing, how they're impacting and changing lives and what not. It's full of oh-so-inspirational messages to budding entrepreneurs about following your dream and cliched junk like that. It makes me want to get off my ass and do it all at once, so I suppose the cliched junk is working.

I read a Hindi essay in school in which the author talks about 'drawing room heroes'. The concept of a drawing room hero is about one who sits in front of the TV and watches these amazing things people are doing out there and says "whoa! I'm gonna do just that!" and is inspired as long as he's in the 'drawing room', but by the time he walks to another room in his house, the feeling fades. Not the best explanation, but you get what I mean. And it applies to me too:  by the time I get home nowadays, dream or no dream, I really want to just sleep.

Sometimes I question my worth and what I'm doing and where the hell I'm heading and when I am going to "get there". What is this Tap basin sink etc.

Must get back to that Karmanye Vadhikaraste business.
I fell face forward on the office stairs today and possess a swollen thigh. Since this blog is turning out to be an angsty vent,  why not add the dear diary element to it?
I've been going back to one of the stories to read this:


Having a vision is essential: it should be a vision that is subject to adjustment in the face of a changing environment. Goals, on the other hand, remain constant, as does the work essential to achieve those goals.

Dammit dammit dammit!

No comments: